Friday, August 8, 2014

Beach Bliss and Seahorses

Hi there everyone!  Laura here and so excited to share my first project as a newbie on the DT!!  Unique Laser Designs wood pieces have such detail, they are an amazing way to embellish a scrapbook LO:


For this LO I used:

ULD Seahorse:


ULD Shells:


ULD Dot Graph:


To color the seahorses, I started with a layer of aqua paint:



Then layered on Distress Paint and a bit of black acrylic paint (while still wet....yep, I'm impatient....lol):



I finished them off with a spray of Biscotti Perfect Pearls.  The square tiles on the LO were done the same, except I did not spray them with Perfect Pearls, but I did add a layer of Glossy Accents to make them look like tiles.  The squares are the negative space pieces that came from the dot graph piece.

Here is a close up of the finished pieces:


From the above photo you can also see where I used the Dot Graph piece as a stencil for black spray mist.

The seashells were brushed lightly with Picket Fence Distress Stain, then Antique Linen Distress Paint, and then brushed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink....I sprayed them with the Biscotti Perfect Pearls to give them a hint of shimmer:


Wooden embellishments are such a hot trend....and ULD has so many different and detailed designs, it's hard to choose! Can't wait to start the next project to share with you soon!   Thanks for stoppin' by today!




Supplies Used:
Paper:  Prima-Seashore; kraft cardstock
Ink/paint: Adirondack Paint Dauber-Aqua, Black; Distress Paint-Peeled Paint,
Antique Linen; Distress Stain-Picket Fence; Distress Ink-Vintage Photo;
Perfect Pearls-Biscotti; Color Shine Spray-Black; Glossy Accents
Embellishments: Unique Laser Designs-Seahorse, Shells, Dot Graph; Prima-
Seashore clips and ATC cards.

3 comments: